Chinese Crispy "Pork"


The write-up for Chinese Crispy 'Pork' is on Weekly Vegan Menu.

There are three components to this dish:
The TVP
The Vegetables
The Sauce



The TVP


 
The TVP I used was chickn cutlets from healthy-eating.com . I rehydrated it in boiling liquid and let it steep for two hours. After the soaking I squeezed as much of the water out as I could. To flavor the TVP, I added

2 T tamari
1 T Marsala
1 t sugar
1 t toasted sesame seed oil
For EACH 2 oz of dry TVP

I then sliced each piece into 3 parts and coated the slices in cornstarch.

I heated coconut oil in my wok and stir-fried the slices until they were crisp.
It took me two batches to cook all the pieces in.






 
The Vegetables



Prepare your vegetables:
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 red pepper, cut into wedges
1 clove garlic, minced
1" piece ginger, sliced or minced



In the same wok you stir-fried your TVP, stir-fry the vegetables, ginger and garlic until the onions are getting seared.




Now add 1 can waterchestnuts and 1/2 c of thawed peas. Mix well.


 


The Sauce


 
Add the pre-mixed sauce:
2 T tomato paste
2 T vinegar
2 T sugar
1 T tamari
1 T Marsala
1 T cornstarch
1 c water



Mix well and bring the sauce to a boil and reduce to a simmer.



Add the TVP to the vegetables. Mix well and cook until the sauce is thickened and the vegetables are done to your liking.





Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment